*** This is the ever-evolving template of how I map out my limiting beliefs with the intention to keep them (limiting beliefs) away from my life's compass. I look first at the external imbalance and my internal desire. I ask myself to notice how these desires feel and how I feel without these practices. I find the smallest parts of myself and listen to the tricky voices of fear and shame. It is important that I then give voice to the shame stories that I hear. I do this by writing and creating, or by asking a friend to witness my truth. I take away the power that silence tries to keep over me. Then I speak the opposite of my fear. I step into the light that my fear cannot make a home in. I take you through this practice of self-awareness in the template below, I highly recommend grabbing a journal and working through these steps at your own pace. Journal freely, write without a filter. Let it flow. ***
1. Look for the inflammation. I could have warmed up to this point, but let's be honest, our inflammation has been ignored for too long. Now it is that point where it is sending you signals of distress and constantly asking for your attention.
Maybe it is your financial situation.
Your emotions around your child's reactions.
Your discomfort in your career.
Your personal relationships.
Your binge eating, or forceful control over your diet.
If nothing is coming up for you immediatley, think of this; what habit or practice do you keep that no longer fits your vision and energy that you want for your life? what feels out of balance? What would you like to change but have not? There is a point of inflammation. You have it and it wants you to know about it. Think of it as a spot within you that needs extra care and attention to lower the heat.
2. What is the picture that you are trying to create? This is the image that you are trying to internalize. The picture of success, discipline, fitness. Maybe it is a feeling. Feelings of power, strength, happiness, fulfillment. What does this picture feel like?
example: I spend money to feel abundant and sucessful. I picture a woman who has it all together.
example: I am a perfect mother and I picture a child who loves and appreciated me. Because of this he/she can express himself/herself without turning the whole house into a war zone.
example: I am a successful and driven woman who is appreciated and respected in my workplace.
3. If you were not this powerful picture or attractive feeling, what would you be? Who would you be without your distractions? Without your inflammation? Without your habits and noise? Who is the woman who stands alone? Without the points of inflammation (shopping, anger, slaving away at a unfulfilling job, over extending in a relationship, expressing control through your diet...) Who would you be? Naked and standing by yourself, who are you?
This is the limitation.
This is the fear that steers you away from your own power and deeper into uncertainty.
If you had nothing, and no one, how would you reflect yourself? What do you think about that woman? Who is she?
This is the inflamed part of you that is asking for love.
This is the fear that lives in contrast to your truth.
4. Form a new agreement. Notice where your energy sits in your body. The areas of strain and stress. Allow yourself to breathe deeply, to let each breath move through your whole body, collecting from every chakra. Allow your breath to circulate those old beliefs away from yourself. Remind yourself of your truth.
The truth is....
The truth is that you are worthy of love.
The truth is that you are enough.
The truth is that you are beautiful.
The truth is that you have your own power.
The truth is that you are indomitable.
add to this with your truth.
The truth that you are going to lean in towards.
example: I am abundant and I surround myself with true value.
example: I am loving and I live in my authenticity and I love myself into my peace.
example: I am powerful and my voice is one of the highest expressions of my nature. I am courageous.
example: I am beautiful and I nourish myself with my truth, my creativity and love.
example: I am in control of my life because I am consciously living my life in a design I am proud to participate in.
Breathe this truth into your body. Remember it. This freedom is the remembering and honoring of your own worth. Remind yourself of this truth everyday. Nourish yourself with this truth. Your inflammation brings you experiences that are out of balance to call our for your attention. The point of inflammation is a point of weakness within your worth. A point that needs more nourishment, a point that needs more love.
5. OWN IT. speak it. sing it. dance it out. write it. Anything to keep this truth in your heart and let it send empowerment throughout your body. Step into your truth and claim it as your own.